Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

UCMDB upgrade from 10.10 to 10.30

Hello All

We have UCMDB 10.10 running currently and we are planning to upgrade to 10.30 by installing UCMDB in seperate server.

UCMDB 10.10 is connected to Oracle DB.

We have various configurations done in 10.10 and we want to retain them in 10.30

What is the recommended approach to upgrade UCMDB to new server with configuration retain.

Please advise.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: UCMDB upgrade from 10.10 to 10.30

Your ucmdb discovery is agent based or agent less?

Migration is easy if it is agent less.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

UCMDB is agentless.

Please can you provide me the document which lists the steps for migration.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

I would follow the documentations to upgrade your UCMDB 10.10 to 10.20- -> 10.22 and then to 10.30 (and maybe 10.31 after that).

That is the flow we followed in the last 2 years wich worked pretty good. Dont forget to check your discovery settings if you also upgrade to a new CP. CP22 is supported only for 10.3x.

You can also try to install a new UCMDB server with a new Database and use the JMX options to push CI's from old UCMDB to new UCMDB server. But that is a lot of work and must be split in chunks of 100.000 ci's a time or it won't work. Besides every CI in the new UCMDB will have a attribute 'Created by JMX'. I dont prefer the last option. Migrate can take some time but will be the easiest one.

Remember that you must re-install all UCMDB Probes. Minor upgrades (say from 10.30 to 10.31) will be automatically pushed from the UCMDB server to the probes, but major releases won't. You need to migrate the server, deinstall the probe 10.10 and install manually 10.20 or 10.30.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Member..
Member..

Hi There,

I believe when select Upgrade from 10.x or 10.x CUP,  later it will remind you if you want to deploy the latest CP.

My case it upgrade from 10.21 to 10.33, but one issue we are facing is during start UCMDB server service, it is trying to connect database, but maybe due to the different encryption of DB between 10.21 and 10.33, we failed to complete the process. So good luck 

Lily

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.