Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UCMDB upgrade steps

Hi team,

I have few questions regarding preparation for upgrade from 9.05 to 10.01.  I have the deployment guide compressed file.

1. But Launch.deployment.htm does not launch the webhelp. It comes up blank. Is there any special software needed to open this file?

2.Also  I am creating a upgrade plan documentation as a preparation for our upgrade. Other than checking the history db size  and  steps outlined in the upgrade guides ,  what additional preparations that you all did in your sql environments for the upgrade?

thanks experts.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: UCMDB upgrade steps

Hi Kayla

Please make sure you are using a Browser which Supports JAVASCRIPT ,as the Deployment guide from HP is interactive so there is not other option(cant thing of any article related to it ) but to launch and Select your options and Print the Document for reference during a Dry Dev Environment Test .

Or Try to Download a Latest Different Browser which has JAVASCRIPT ENABLED in it by default .

Cheers 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

It always runs in FireFox. It's all metter of settings mentioned in the post above.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thanks experts. This works in firefox. Was there any  additional impact or major discovery modifications because of class model changes in 10.01 ( to udm)  or surrounding  probe setup , cache, integration jobs or integration points that we can avoid  or plan ahead .thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

It's hard to predict. I'd suggest to start planing in case you have custom discovery or integrations available.

This part isn't upgradable by the system.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Re: UCMDB Upgrade Plan documentation From 9.05 to 10.20

Hi Friends,

Greetings !!

I am planning to upgradate my HP UCMDB 9.05 to 10.20 . I would appreciate if some one can share the Upgradate Plan documentation.

Thanks in Advance !!

Regards,

UCMDB Learner

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Hi ,

I hope you have done with the upgradate to 10.1. Even i am also planning upgradation with the same version. I would request if you please share your experience with me.  Requeset you if you can please forward your email id so that i can reach you.

Thanks !! 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.