Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UCMDb 10 Installation Guide

Hi All,

Could any of you help me to get the UCMDB 10 installation guide?

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: UCMDb 10 Installation Guide

All the manuals can be downloaded from http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/manuals specify Universal CMDB (Application Mapping),

For Installation guide, use the interactive guide

10.00 http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1413075 

10.01 http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00245441

Once you download and extract the file, you can use Launch_Deployment_Guide.html to start the interactive guide.

Regards,

Juan Calderon

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Download the UCMDB 10 trial from the HP enterprise software website and unpack.

All the docs should be there, including the deployment guide.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

i have already done this but the deployement guide does not describe every thing like the issue right now i m facing and which is that server page is not opened on port 8080, Do i need to configure any web server for that?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Check the Status page and make sure all component started.

Check error.log and startup log to see if there are any error. IF there are please post them.

Webserver should already been setup as part of the installation so you dont have to mess with it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Check the C:\hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\runtime\log\startup.log. It shows startup sequence.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: UCMDb 10.10 not installation in windows 2008 server

Hi Expert,

I am trying to install HP CMDB with UD in windows 2008 server , 4 gb ram and MS SQL 2008 data base server. When I was trying to installed HP CMDB , installation ask for specific location  repetedly. no error is showing and the installation is stuck.

I am seding screen shot

please help in this regards

Regards

Sagar

sagarbh@hotmail.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: UCMDb 10.10 not installation in windows 2008 server

@Sagar

If I reckon correctly first you to extract the file to one file location say D Drive ,Post which you to go to that folder and run the Setup.exe ,In your case i think you are directly trying to run the setup file from the file you downloaded from Hp Website

Cheers:)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

We have installed UCMDB 10.10 with Oracle Database as database server. From the installation perspective things went smooth. But when we start the UCMDB server, it starts and then throws some exception.

Attaching the file here for expert opinions.

Thanks

Sakthi.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.