Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

UD 10.21 - No Process CI Types discovered in Inventory Scanner Job

Hi

Our Issue: Process CIs are not Discovered by Scanner Job
Expected: We can see all Running Process are visible in the Scan File. We want all these processes to be created as Process CI types in UCMDB
Actual:In UCMDB for that CI,We cannot see any process CI Types created after the Scanner Job is completed.
is this possibel to do?

Regards
Ashok

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: UD 10.21 - No Process CI Types discovered in Inventory Scanner Job

Hello ,

I hope you are doing great !

The scanner does not discover processes of the Ci Types .

Best Regards ,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Melissa,

Firstly thanks for your quick response.

But in the Scan file, we see RunningProcesses captured Under "OperatingSystemData". Why this Information is not been converted as Process CI type?

Regards

Ashok

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi Ashok,

By design, the inventory discovery by scanner job only reports Virtualization related running software and their processes. If the processes you found are not related, they won't be reported. You can take a look the paramter 'discoveryRunningSW' of the job for which running software will be reported.

Regards,
Kane
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Kane,

As you can see in my attachemnt file (ProcessScanFile.png), there are lot of RunningProceses  reported in the Scan File for the Server.

There is another attachment file(CIinUCMDB.png), you can see for the same server in UCMDB No Process CI types are created or related.

So, there is a gap between Scan File reported information and the Creation of CIs in UCMDB. we are not sure, how to bridge this gap.

We have checked the DiscoveryRunningProceses as "TRUE" on the Inventory Scanner Job Adapter also. Refer attachment file(Adapter.png)

Regards

Ashok

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Ashok,

This is a not a technical problem, this is a business strategy which is related to license. In technically, it is possible to report all those running software CIs by changing the paramter 'discoveryRunningSW' to true. 

Regards,
Kane
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi, 

I think i have not potrayed my Issue rightly.

Summarizing my Issue again in this thread,

1. Do UD Scanners(through Inventory Discovery by Scanner Job) Will Discover the PROCESS CI Type?

2.If Answer is yes for (1), then What are the Steps to Configure it?

Regards

Ashok

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.