Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UD - Discovery Errors

Hello Experts.

We are running a uCMDB 10.11 CUP 450 with UD CP 14.05.317 an NT 2008 server. Our environment is around ~430K CIs (only Network Elemnts and subtypes).
After a lot of hard work and fine-tuning, we currently have around 5K-10K discovery errors open.

My question is: Is this amount of errors should be expected, considering the size of the IT environment?
If not, what would be a normal amount of discovery errors?
(I would want to better define a reasonable destination in the fine-tuning and troubleshooting of  discovery errors).

Thank you very much in advance!
Binyamin Kisch.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: UD - Discovery Errors

There is a grouping for errors. Could you please provide a drop down?

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

HI

It depends, but in most cases, I guess error may caused by the discovery permissions.

You can also check the specific error messages in the UI, and then fix these errors one by one.

BR
dong-xu

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Demitry.

Thank you for the response.

What do you mean by "providing a drop down"?
Do you mean the acount od errors per error type?

Thank you again,
Binyamin.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Dong-Xu.

Thank you fot your response.

I have two problems with the solution you suggest:

1. As I wrote - we have tens of thousands of errors. It is not feasible to solve them one-by-one.
  2. Even if I were willing to start solving the issues one-by-one, the problem with the error messages is that the correlation between the error message text and the actual problem is very weak. I can find a dozen various error messages, just to discover that the the user name was incorrect (for example). I cannot relay on the error message to reflect the real issue.

I would be glad to hear your opinion on this.

Thank you in advance,
Binyamin,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.