Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UD Discovery

Dear Experts,

Can you pelase highlight how the discovery happens in the background for agentless.

how does only the delta data gets pushed from the node to ucmdb.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: UD Discovery

Hello ,

I hope you are doing great!

You may modify the scanner configuration to work without agent . You set the location to save the information .

Best Regards ,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: UD Discovery

HI

I am not sure I understand you precisely or not. I pretend you are doing an agentless discovery, and want to know how it happened.

In this case, I may use SSH discovery as an example. Usually, if you are not use uCMDB doing discovery, you need to log in your target Node with SSH and run some command to dump the information you interested.

But now you are using uCMDB to do the same. So uCMDB will simulate the actions you do previously.

It will use SSH protocol (which you input in the credential window) to login your target Node. Then, run some commands in discovery script ( end of .py). When the result comeback, uCMDB extract the useful information and save it as CIT’s attributes.

It is not easy to explain the entire logic in one or two words. If you want to understand more, you can check Develop Manual.

BR
dong-xu

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.