Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UD - Errors dates are not updated

Hello Experts.

We are running a uCMDB 10.11 CUP 450 with UD CP 14.05.317 an NT 2008 server.
The active discovery jobs are scheduled to run once a day.

We are experiancing an issue with the discovery errors shown in "Data Flow Management -> Universal Discovery" module.
When you navigate to the "Discovery Modules/Lobs" tab- If you choose a specific job, you can see in the "Discovery Progress" pane the amount of errors that occurred with this job (in the Reported column).
When I check the errors, I can see that some of them are really old.

To my understaning, if an error occurred during the discovery progress, it will be updated by the next run of the discovery (either the error will reoccurr and the date will be updated, or the error will not reoccurr and the entry will be cleared).

So my question is: Why do we have old errors in the "Discovery Progress" pane? Either the error persists, and then the date of the error should be updated, or the error should be cleared by the next successful run!

Thank you in advance for your help!
Binyamin Kisch
Professional Application Services, Monitoring Team
Bezeq International, Information Technology

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: UD - Errors dates are not updated

Hello,

Hope you are more than great. 

It's seems that the cache of the job

Al parecer es que el job cacheis not cleaned and maintained old data of the job, which causes that you does not see that is updated. 

Thank,

Kind Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: UD - Errors dates are not updated

Hello Ricardon.

Thank you for your reply.

I checked with our DBA team, but they say that we have a lot of space.
The problem seems to be more general - I don't think that the Job Error view reflects the real errors of uCMDB.

If you have any reply or if you have encountered this problem, I would be more than glad to hear.

Thank you,
Binyamin.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.