Highlighted
Member.

UD Hardware Scan on VMs

We are in the testing phase of UDi Agent deployment. When the agent is deployed to a virtual machine (VMWare), the hardware scan reports the resources of the physical platform, that is, the ESX host. So the agent is deployed to a Windows VM, Call Home processing instantiates the UDA CI, and we trigger the Inventory Discovery by Scanner job, but the hardware scan indicates that it has 2 6-core AMD processors and 64 RAM slots, which is true for the platform, but not for this particular VM. 

If we run the Host Resources by WMI job (that is, the agentless discovery job), it correctly reports the resources allocated to the VM. 

As I read the documentation, if I use Enterprise mode, I cannot disable the hardware scan, and in fact, I don't want to. I just want the scanner to report the resources for the VM, not the hypervisor's platform. 

Any advice? 

Bill Hargrove

0 Likes
0 Replies
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.