Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UD agent startup script for UNIX

Jump to solution

Hi Expert,

Please let me know where I can find the startup script of Agent  for Unix OS in case of  manual agent installation. For UNIX OS, when server restart, the agent service should be started  and this can be done with startup script.  As per my knowledge, in DDMI doc, the script was available but in UD, I didnot see it anywhere.

Please suggest.

with regards,

Nick

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: UD agent startup script for UNIX

Jump to solution

Hi Nick,

Please check your forum inbox, you may also refer to http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/uCMDB-Support-Customer-Forum/UCMDB-Support-Tip-UNIX-Systems-Manual-Agent-Installation/td-p/6467308#.U2kYO6PD-po

Hope the info provided helps,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello Nick,

You can check if UD agent is running by executing in shell:
ps -ef|grep discagnt
The compiled file for running the agent should be in /bin folder. Please check for /bin/discagnt
A recommended why to run the agent is shown as a next example:
nohup ./bin/discagnt 2>/dev/null 1>/dev/null &

Best Regards,
Nikola

------------------------
Nikola Todorov
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Nick,

Do you mean the agentinstall.sh script?

Please note the installation method is different compare to DDMI, you will need to Export the UD Agent installation files. to the UDAgentManagement archive file.

When these rpm packages are installed, the agentinstall.sh script creates the Agent startup script.

I can sent you an email with the details and reference to our docs.

Hope this helps,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Plz share more details by mail.

Regards,
Nick
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Nick,

Please check your forum inbox, you may also refer to http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/uCMDB-Support-Customer-Forum/UCMDB-Support-Tip-UNIX-Systems-Manual-Agent-Installation/td-p/6467308#.U2kYO6PD-po

Hope the info provided helps,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Ana,

Thanks for the info.
Just let me know in case of CP upgradation , what need to be done as agent version can be different on remote destination. So all manually deplyed agent need to redeploy with new version.??????

Plz suggest,

Regards,
Nick
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Nick,

When it comes to agent version we suggest a 1v1 relationship between UCMDB and CP.

However, there is an exception which we don’t suggest:

In the event you’ve install UCMDB10.01 and CP12, then upgrade to UCMDB10.10 and CP13.

You are to require to activate the update agent job.

In this case, we’ll have a 10.01 agent working with 10.10. Which it is a possible situation and it should work. But we strongly suggest to enable the update agent job.

Hope this helps,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi,

Thanks.

So u mean to say for agent version discrepancies , and agent is installed manually then in that case agent upgradation can be done from ucmdb app instead of manual efforts.

I was worried about efforts.
Fortunatly i am working on 10.10 cup2 cp13.3

regards,
Nick
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Nick,

Yes, that's correct. Excellent! even better that you are running the latest 🙂 I mention that just in case.

Any other inquiries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.