Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

UD in RHEL

Jump to solution

WIND customer wonder to install HP Universal CMDB and HP Universal Discovery on RedHat Linux operating system.

In the support matrix I find that both products are supported on RedHat Linux operating system.

But somewhere in the HP Universal CMDB Data Flow Management Guide it is written: “The Data Flow Probe that runs on a Linux platform is intended only for integrations, and not for discovery”

Then I want to have your confirmation: if I install Universal Discovery in RHEL operating system I can’t perform the discovery, and what you mean with integrations?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: UD in RHEL

Jump to solution

Yes, discovery can only run on Windows-based probe.

UCMDB Integration Service (special type of Data Flow Probe) can run only integrations which doesn't use jython. For example, you will be able to use Generic DB Adapter or CMS-to-RTSM, but you won't be able to run CiscoWorks integration.

regards

Gregory/

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: UD in RHEL

Jump to solution

Yes, discovery can only run on Windows-based probe.

UCMDB Integration Service (special type of Data Flow Probe) can run only integrations which doesn't use jython. For example, you will be able to use Generic DB Adapter or CMS-to-RTSM, but you won't be able to run CiscoWorks integration.

regards

Gregory/

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.