Highlighted
New Member..
New Member..

UDA: Failed to connect - SSL handshake error. Possible no trusted certificate found

Dear CMDB Experts,

Am trying to discover few Windows and Unix servers, but am getting these 2 errors as a result. Can someone please guide me how to rectify this. Please make a note that...

a. UD agents got installed on the client servers

b. Ping status is fine from probe server to Client server

c. Telnet to port #2738 is fine from probe server to Client server

I have manually uploaded the IP-addresses to uCMDB and trying to discover them manually. Below are the two errors..

Error 1:

<< Progress message, Severity: Error>>
UDA: Failed to connect - SSL handshake error. Possible no trusted certificate found

Error 2:

<< Progress message, Severity: Error>>
Error processing results of discovery adapter, details Task MZ_Cisco PaaS_Infra_Network_Host Connection by Shell: received object of class 'unix' has no required attribute 'globlal_id'

Please let me know if you need further information.

Thanks in advance for your time.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: UDA: Failed to connect - SSL handshake error. Possible no trusted certificate found

I am having the exact same issue. Could someone have an idea on what causes this error??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: UDA: Failed to connect - SSL handshake error. Possible no trusted certificate found

Most likely you don't have the proper certificates for UDA or you are using CP22 UDA on a CP23+ UCMDB env.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

In many case the problem related to mismatch in ciphers between UCMDB Probe and UDA.

It could be fixed by adding following into globalSettings.xml. It requires probe restart:

<property name="ddmagentCiphers">TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,SSL_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA</property>

The settings gave us option to use UDA v10.20.000 build:390 mixed with UDA v.11.30.000.481 on both 10.22 CUP6 and 2019.02 (after the upgrade).

Hope this helps. 

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.