Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Ucmdb does not start

Hi!
After deleting several tql-requests and restarting UCMDB does not start. Error we get:

2018-11-21 14:37:10,076  ERROR  [Starter for "data-acquisition" (during Writer server startup). (customer 1, id name: Default Client)] (TqlQueryGetPattern.java:98) - Request for not exist pattern [Test]
2018-11-21 14:37:10,076  ERROR  [Starter for "data-acquisition" (during Writer server startup). (customer 1, id name: Default Client)] (AbstractCommonOperation.java:166) -     !!!    Operation    Deactivate Pattern()    ID:    1270503861    FAILED (running time:    0 ms[ms])
java.lang.NullPointerException
2018-11-21 14:37:10,076  ERROR  [Starter for "data-acquisition" (during Writer server startup). (customer 1, id name: Default Client)] (CustomerController.java:500) - Failed to start component [data-acquisition]
appilog.framework.shared.manage.impl.MamResponseException: [ErrorCode [-2147483648] undefined error code]
appilog.framework.shared.manage.impl.MamResponseException: [ErrorCode [-2147483648] undefined error code]
CMDB Operation Internal Error: class java.lang.NullPointerException : null : operation Deactivate Pattern : class com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.base.CmdbException :
CMDB Internal Error: Error while handling request: {request: ID='4d938c5a1fb31b00b61f78d8c46e7f0d' Message='General CMDB request' Operation='com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.tql.operation.update.impl.TqlUpdatePatternActiveState@4bba59b5' Customer ID='1, id name: Default Client'
Context='CMDB Context: Customer id = '1, id name: Default Client' , User ID = '911' , Caller Application = 'Controller''}
Caused by: com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.base.CmdbException: [ErrorCode [-2147483648] undefined error code]
CMDB Operation Internal Error: class java.lang.NullPointerException : null : operation Deactivate Pattern
Caused by: appilog.framework.shared.manage.impl.MamResponseException: [ErrorCode [-2147483648] undefined error code]
CMDB Operation Internal Error: class java.lang.NullPointerException : null : operation Deactivate Pattern
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
Restore DB backup does not help. I assume that it happens because system missing some of that deleted xml-files. How we can find referens to them in DB or via jmx-console?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Ucmdb does not start

All the TQLs are saved and retained in the URM storage on the database. If you have taken the backup before the TQL deletions and you haven't deleted files from the file system, there is no way for it not to work. 

From the log it seems that UCMDB is missing a reference to TQL named "Test". Somehow you have made it essential.

What happens after the "data-aquisition" step fails? Do you have access to the jmx? If so, you can create a TQL with the same name and save the day.

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Thank you for reply!
I'm sorry, but I don't know how to create TQL via jmx-console.

Maybe you can help me whith it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Before we go there, is the UCMDB starting? If you have JMX, you would have User Interface as well. Create the TQL in the Model Studio as a query and save it with the name "Test"

Petko

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

No, System Status prompts "Starting" (screenshot in attach)
UCMDB UI - Internal error occurred.

But jmx-console working. I tried to create TQL "Test" on another instance, unload via jmx UCMDB:service=TQL Services exportTql, delete it and import via loadVirtualTql (just to be sure that this way work), but I get error "java.lang.RuntimeException: JMX server method invocation has failed:

UCMDB:service=TQL Services loadVirtualTql [1, C:\hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\Test.xml]".

Maybe I neet put xml-file in some specific folder or specify parameters in other way?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Is there somehow an active Support case on this issue?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Maybe better you can use "deployPackages":

1. Create a package on the working UCMDB

2. Put it in a folder of UCMDB

3. Invoke the deployPackages JMX with the folder and package name.

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.