Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ucmdb upgrade 8.00 to 8.04

Jump to solution

Hi all,

i will try to upgrade ucmdb 8.00 to 8.04, does anyone have experience in this issue?

What might be the risks?
in which part i have to pay attention?
What kind of troubles will i encounter?

i read document about upgrade but nothing goes true practically so, it will be very helpful, if anyone tell experiences or opinions.

Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
hi.. I have did this but not encountered any issues since its only an service pack installation the only thing is if any adapter files modified take the copy of that you can very well find this in the document but at the same time if you go for content pack installation it will take quite long time depending on the number of cis and at the end you may receive an error like back up failed prior if u have selected the option to take back up in the wizard, i would suggest to take back up manually and deploy only the cp packages and also in safe corner you can take the backup of scripts lying under no modules if any.Regards..

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
hi.. I have did this but not encountered any issues since its only an service pack installation the only thing is if any adapter files modified take the copy of that you can very well find this in the document but at the same time if you go for content pack installation it will take quite long time depending on the number of cis and at the end you may receive an error like back up failed prior if u have selected the option to take back up in the wizard, i would suggest to take back up manually and deploy only the cp packages and also in safe corner you can take the backup of scripts lying under no modules if any.Regards..

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

Will i encounter any problem about scripts, paterns or ci type configurations?

Cause we developed many configurations(script, paterns etc). We are not sure, how ucmdb will act, after upgrade. We don't want to lose any configuration. Do you have any idea or experience. Thanks again.

Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
we are not faced any impact on our non OOB jobs/modules/scripts/patterns/cit whichever newly created but the customization done in the OOB jobs/scripts/patterns are overwriiten...So we can redeploy the backup packages again whichever needed...and there was no impact on the new attributes added in the oob/non oob cits..Regards...
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
No major risks, you will need to upgrade to 8.01 first and later to 8.04.

Pay attention to:
1) follow the install procedure, there are couple of issues there.
2) install later the alert patch build 699 to fix alert/downtime related issues.

There been couple of issues with the domain manager and message broker components but the knowledge base got the workarounds.
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thanks all,

i will start upgrade ucmdb next week, maybe you or anybody remember something more. i will close thread next week. Thanks again.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.