Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to to login the UCMDB server after Configuration Manger installation

Hi experts,

I installed, configured and successfully logged in to UCMDB Server.

I accessed it via localhost:8080, all worked fine

only the link of Configuration Manager was disabled because it was not installed.

But when I installed Configuration Manager than I am not able to login UCMDB server with same credentials which was I using before.

and also I am not able to connect with the Configuration Manager

Can anybody help me to know  that what could be the issue and also the default user name and password of configuration manager.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Unable to to login the UCMDB server after Configuration Manger installation

Installation of CM will enable LW-SSO. Please try to use FQDN to connect.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello Dima,
I had the same problem.
I've tried using the FQDN entered manually in the URL, arriving to the login form, I enter the credentials, but the login page is reloaded and I do not get certified without showing any error.
I would answer that the URL without specifying the FQDN manually .... and be able to authenticate into the application as it apparently seems to be no problem.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi, Enter FQDN instead of ip If only UCMDB is installed this problem do not occur, however, as soon as CM is installed this issue would come up. I went to JMX - Console LW-SSO Configuration Set LW-SSO for UI enabling False and Invoke. Should give FQDN instead of IP while installing at hostname field and should use FQDN in web browser for login Regards, Prasad
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Prasad,
thank you very much for your answer.
I disabled it too, via the JMX console, the single sign-on.
However, I wonder what happens at this point with the Configuration Manager.
It 's still usable?
I should start by saying that, despite the configurations are correct, the CM responds with an error of Apache in the URL. For this problem I opened a ticket with HP.

Take this opportunity to ask you a general question about using the CM.
And 'need to have it installed with UCMDB?
Without it, what happens?

Thanks again for the help,
Simonetta

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

If this is like what I just went through, you need to reinstall or reconfigure Config Manager using FQDNs instead of IPs. I was geting the redirect back to login until I reinstalled and used the FQDN of the host UCMDB server instead of IP. I feel like this is something that shouldn't have been an issue but c'est la vie.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.