Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Trusted Contributor.. mafna Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

UnicodeEncodeError

Hi,

when i discover IBM Websphere Application cluster i get an error:

Failed to process resources for the Cluster("SB1.AppCluster")
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "websphere_by_shell", line 571, in discoverResources
File "websphere_discoverer", line 1302, in parseResourcesConfig
File "websphere_discoverer", line 1287, in <lambda>
File "websphere_discoverer", line 529, in parseJmsProviderEl
File "websphere_discoverer", line 549, in parseJ2CActivationSpec
File "jee", line 50, in setJndiName
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 31-32: ordinal not in range(128)

It looks like we use non-Latin characters in our naming for deployed applications. So because of that error the discovery of App cluster resource fails.

Does anyone has any idea how to process the discovered resources which have non-Latin characters....

For example we use letter 'ž' in websphere, but when the UD is processing the resources the letter turns to 'ž'.

Thank you for your help....

0 Likes
2 Replies
dong-xu1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: UnicodeEncodeError

Hi Mafna

Please open a support ticket and attach the job communication log. Support will help you check the problematic discovery script.

BR
dong-xu

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. mafna Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: UnicodeEncodeError

Well that is the problem...SR is opened from April 22 and till now HP support wasn't able to solve my problem...i was hoping for that someone in this community had some expirience with this....

SR ID is :  4654069615

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.