Highlighted
Visitor.

Universal Discovery Modules Jobs

Hi to all the members a people o participate in this great forum.

I work shortly with the UCMDB software and i'm using the Universal Discovery feature - Discovery Modules / Jobs, but I have a question about the use of Jobs per module.

I'm trying to get IIS Server information with the Module IIS. By the information present in the help documentation, is necessary that the following Jobs must run in the given order:

• Host Connections by Shell
  • Host Application by Shell
  • IIS Applications by NTCMD or UDA

I verify that the Job Host Connections by Shell is already been called inside the Module Host Connection. This can be a problem?

Can i have the Job Host Connections by Shell called in both Modules? What is the right think to be done?

I apreciate all the help that you can give me.

Thank's in advance. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Universal Discovery Modules Jobs

Hello

I hope you are doing well

Thanks for your question.  Then there is not a problem if you call job HCsh from several modules, I just want to kindly suggest you to use just the ip that you need for each job in your case IP for your IIS so you wont collect information that you do not need and job will run more quick.

Allan Alberto Rojas Vargas

UCMDB Engineer L1

allan-alberto.rojas.vargas @microfocus.com

Microfocus values your feedback regarding your overall Support experience. Contact us at software.satisfaction@microfocus.com or my manager vega@microfocus.com directly

• Call the HP Response Center at 1-800 633 3600
  • Say, “Existing Case”
  • Enter Case ID

• Ask for the person taking your call to engage the HP Software Support Engineer

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: Universal Discovery Modules Jobs

Hi!

Thank's for the answer and the tip Alan! 🙂

That helped me a lot.

Cheers

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.