Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Update data's in UCMDB 10.x

Hi All,

I have been asked to update the data's in the UCMDB. I know that it can be achived with Enrichment process but here we are looking out for any OOTB adapter so can anyone please let me know if I could make use of any Adapter to update the data's in UCMDB.

Please suggest me if there is any other better way too.

Thanks in Adavance.

Thanks,

Jimmy 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jimmy;

Can you be more specific as to which data you're trying to update?

Keith

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Keith,

We are trying to push of some of the cpu details from the CPU table of specific devices to a Custom created Table in UCMDB. Is it possible to update the data's within UCMDB with an adapter?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

what is that custom created table ?

Is that you created specific table in ucmb database ?

Here is understanding of the requriement, you would like to update CPU details , but not able to understand the source of the data, from where you would like to read and update to the ucmbd CIs.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Yes, we have created a new CI in the CI Type Manager in the UCMDB Server. We just want to replicate some of the CPU related details to newly created CI's from the existing CPU CI Type. We know this can be done with the Enrichment process easily. But we just wanted to know if this could be done with some other way or make use of an adapter. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

From ucmdb perspective, we strongly suggest not to create it manually.

You can import CIs from excel  or csv files. You can try this option.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.