Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Upgrade Config Manager to 10.10 fails because it complains about free space on disc.

Problem upgrading Config Manager to 10.10. Complains about space.

Lets see if someone have ran into this....

I´m upgrading my developmentsystems from uCMDB 10.01 CUP6 to uCMDB 10.11.

I have upgraded the application server and probe to version 10.10 (major release). It worked quite fine.

Now I have problem upgrading Config Manager to 10.10.

When I start the installation, it just complains about size (not enough room for a complete install).

I can see that it has unpacked some files on a temp location on C: (247 MB). I have 1,5 GB of free space on C:.

Well, it complains and ask me to choose another location. I choose E: where I have 5 GB of free space. I can see when I have clicked the installation file that it unpack files on E: (up to 247 MB) and again complains.

I did a test on another server:

I tried to start the installer on our Database server instead.

Before test.

C: = 3,04 GB
E: = 6,97 GB
G:= 20,9 GB

I just doubleclicked the exe file (it used temp location in my home directory on C: to extract the installer. Again it used 247 MB and then complained about size (not enough room for a complete install).
Checking C: now says 2,80 GB of free space.

Instead I pointed out E:, same result and E: now said it had 6,73 GB of free space.
Instead I pointed out G:, same result and G: now said it had 20,6 GB of free space.

I really don´t understand how much space it wants (Installation of 10.01 worked fine). Since the installation files ends up on E:, I guess C: doesn´t need such a lot of free space, and since I can choose E: or G: when extracting the installer I really don´t understand whats happening.

And as mention before, it worked fine to install HP uCMDB 10.10 (application server) with quite the same settings (I have similar free space on C: and E: on the applicationserver). But HP uCMDB 10.10 CM seems to give me a headache.

Wbr / Fredrik

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Upgrade Config Manager to 10.10 fails because it complains about free space on disc.

Hi Fredrik,

I think the cause is because of lacking free space of C: drive where ucmdb installed on.

I will checking more on this and get back soon.

Best Regards,

Hoang.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.*
*If you feel the post is helpful, please assign a KUDO star to say "Thanks"*
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Re: Upgrade Config Manager to 10.10 fails because it complains about free space on disc.

Hi there!

Well, no, Config Manager is installed on E:, not on C:. But I guess during installation a tempdirectory is used. The default is probably in the loginusers homedirectory but since it complains it gives me a choice to point out another place to save the temp files. But it doesnt matter what I choose, the same error message. 

I can add that I have tested to start the installation on another server where we have 26 GB of free space on C: = The same error message.

Wbr / Fredrik

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Fredrik_L,

Could you try to test on a server with free hard disk space 30GB?

Because from support matrix document, there is a note that hardware requirement of UCMDB_CM is the same with UCMDB.

Best Regards,

Hoang.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.*
*If you feel the post is helpful, please assign a KUDO star to say "Thanks"*
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

I tested to start the installation in our production environment. Same problem.

We have 55,9 GB of free disc on C:.

HPCM_10.10.exe 

InstallAnywhere

Please select another location to extract the installer to:  Choose... or Cancel

One thing that came to my mind now was that when I was extracting the files to the folder on E:/hp_media/CM10_10  it complain on some files that the path was to long... I solved it by extracting the files directly under E: but I wonder if the InstallAnywhere in some way extracts stuff during the installation and run into the same problems!?

I guess since the startfolder is "Software_HP_UCMDB_Configuration_Manager_10.10_Windows_MLU_TF236-15005", you will soon run into a to long path???

I manipulated now and created some folders on E:

E:\HP_Media\CM10_10\test\ and copied the Config Manager Files to this location.

Destination Path too long 

The file name(s) would be too long for the destination folder. You can shorten the file name and try again, or try a location that has a shorter path.

SKIP or CANCEL

And this was a folder called Sources it complained about but I have seen it on others aswell...

BUt as mention if i copy the files directly under E: is doesn´t complain at all.

So I wonder... even if I can copy the file correct directly under E:, what happens when I run the exe-file? The error message "Please select another location to extract the installer to" perhaps doesn´t mean that the filesystem is full? Perhaps it complains because when the installer extracts files to the temp directory the path gets to long aswell? 

But I guess, someone else should have run into this aswell in that case? 

Have anyone seen the problem copying the installation files? 

WBr / Fredrik

Wbr / Fredrik

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

I can add that I finally managed to install Config Manager 10.10. The problem when I received the error message "Please Select another location to extract the installer to" was that the packed file HPCM_10.10.exe that was corrupted. Really strange, I downloaded an iso-file and extracted that one. Probably the iso-file was corrupted in some way aswell even if it didn´t complain when I extracted that one.

Wbr / Fredrik
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.