Highlighted
Visitor..
Visitor..

Upgrade HP UCMDB from version 10.01 to 10.11

I am starting tesating on an upgrade of our UCMDB from version 10.01 to 10.11 and I am having a difficult time finding a true upgrade path/checklist to follow without doing the trial and error method. Do you have a check list of files other than the release notes. The release notes are very vaigue and don't really have the steps in a particular order. The Deployment guide isn't much help either. I need to know when to apply the CUP and the right CUP to apply, when to apply the CP update. I just need a true upgrade path/Checklist. It would cut down on my testing time and speed up the upgrade testing so I can put in place an upgrade document that can be followed in my organization.

Thanks in Advance

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Upgrade HP UCMDB from version 10.01 to 10.11

I would disagree a bit... I think that the deployment guide lays out some good steps.  I'll add a few notes from personal experience also and this should give you a good idea of what to do and when to do it.

1. Open the deployment guide
  2. Select HP UCMDB Only
  3. Upgrade from 10.01 to HP UCMDB 10.10
  4. Put your platform and database
  5. Click <view>
  6. DO clone the original environment so you can continue with your production as currently implemented.  This is a great step!!
  7. Pay attention to server RAM and time required for upgrade as well as size of the new database
  8. Stop 10.01
  9. Run 10.10 installer
  10. Follow deployment guide for the steps to make sure you back everything up you need (also very important)
  11. Uninstall probes
  12. Install new probes
  13. Install 10.11 patch
  14. Start Server
  15. Start Probes (these 2 steps are here to prevent a problem where a dll file isn't copied to the probe when 10.11 is installed)
  16. Stop Server
  17. Stop Probe
  18. Install Latest CUP (CUP3 for 10.11 will be released soon, otherwise use CUP2)
  19. Start Server
  20. Start Probe
  21. Install CP 14
  22. Install CP 14 latest update (to protect against the NTCMD blue screen problem in CP 14 with no updates)

At this point you should be upgraded...

That's not all from the deployment guide, but it isn't a bad blueprint.

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.