Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Upgrade from 9.05 to 10.01

We are attempting to upgrade our system from 9.05 cups 8 to 10.01. We uninstall 9.05, install 10.01 and run the upgrade.bat for the DB and History DB always fails. Has anyone had any issues with the upgrade?

Roger
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Upgrade from 9.05 to 10.01

Hi,

You could restore old environment from backup. Then, you should update 9.05 to the latest CUP available, and make sure everything works fine. After that follow deployment guide of 10.01 with upgrade procedure.

Check upgrade logs for problems, or issue ticekt to HP support, because most problems are unique to specific environment.

regards

Gregory

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I appreciate the answer. We have restored our backup and are back to where we were prior to the failed upgrade. I am not sure I understand how having the latest Cups installed will help the DB conversion go smoother. According to the upgrade documentation we have to remove 9.05 and install a clean version of 10.01.

We are looking at the errors logs and have an open case with HP. I was just hoping someone out there could shed some light on thier upgrade.

Thanks

Roger
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Don't know what to tell you. I did the upgrade yesterday. We were on 9.05 CUP 10. It went smooth for the most part but did have to rerun a few of the upgrade steps. At the end the only thing I could not get to run was LDAP group settings. I ended up turning off LDAP via the JMX console, logging in with the admin ID and reconfiguring the groups.

The other trouble I had was that our DBs were on SQL 2005 and the support matrix indicates that only SQL 2008 is supported. Right now we are running on SQL 2012, but may move to 2008. I'm not sure how much it really matters.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We are running Oracle for our DB...and it's only the History that wont convert. We upgraded Dev without any issue at all. same DB with a little less data.

Roger
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.