Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Upgrade from uCMDB 10.11 to uCMDB 10.21

Jump to solution

Dear All,

One uCMDB topic for discussion.

We implemented firstly an upgrade from our production uCMDB 9.05 to uCMDB 10.11 with 3 customers and each customer had additionally 1 or 2 tenants. Reminder, in uCMDB 9.05 multitenant and multicustomer both was supported by HP. Logically this upgrade shouldn't be completed since uCMDB 10.x does not support both multitenant and multicustomer environment but somehow, the upgrade completion was successful. 

Our problem is now that in uCMDB 10.x our current architecture is not supported (1 customer and 5 or more tenants, multitenant/multicustomer environment) and besides that we experiencing many inconsistencies possibly because of that.

What should be the best way to migrate/upgrade to 10.21 in order not to lose anything from our former architecture or CIs. We decide to implement 1 customer only with 5 tenants. i.e Is it better to create a different schema for each tenant? What is the best approach for this migrate/upgrade? How to transform the current architecture uCMDB 10.11 with 3 customers 5 tenants to uCMDB 10.21 with 1 customer 5 tenants safely.

Waiting for your reply!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Upgrade from uCMDB 10.11 to uCMDB 10.21

Jump to solution

Hi,

For me the simplest way to migrate to UCMDB 10.2x is to:

1. Do a fresh instalation of UCMDB 10.2x

2. Create an integration point between UCMDB 9 and UCMDB 10.2x

3. Move all the needed data to the new UCMDB 

4. Use tennant assignment rules to partitionate data between the  different tenants or create TQL's that push data per each tennant/customer you have in 9, and after it is in UCMDB  using an enrichment rule assign a tenant to it, then move to the next.

I see this as a much simpler approach, the only drawback is that you are loosing the history for the CI's pushed, i do not see it as a major impact but it depends on the usecases.

This will also allow you to only move the data you actually need and not all the un-needed CI's collected in time.

What do you think?

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi,

For me the simplest way to migrate to UCMDB 10.2x is to:

1. Do a fresh instalation of UCMDB 10.2x

2. Create an integration point between UCMDB 9 and UCMDB 10.2x

3. Move all the needed data to the new UCMDB 

4. Use tennant assignment rules to partitionate data between the  different tenants or create TQL's that push data per each tennant/customer you have in 9, and after it is in UCMDB  using an enrichment rule assign a tenant to it, then move to the next.

I see this as a much simpler approach, the only drawback is that you are loosing the history for the CI's pushed, i do not see it as a major impact but it depends on the usecases.

This will also allow you to only move the data you actually need and not all the un-needed CI's collected in time.

What do you think?

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for your reply!

Good thinking! I would like to add something, that before the 3rd step we should move via package manager all queries, enrichment rules, CiCollections/BS from old uCMDB to the new one. I don't think that in the new uCMDB  a tenant assignment enrichment rule is needed because the tenant will be updated by the integration point and later by the probe when discovery run. Please fill in the case if you have more suggestions. 

Regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.