Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Upgrading CM 10.20 to 10.21

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am in the process of installing a fresh installation of HP CM 10.21 in a test environment

The steps I take are the following.

- Install HP CM 10.20

Works fine. No issues.

- Upgrading to HP CM 10.21

During the upgrade process to CM 10.21 the installation wizard provides an install path to C:\HP\XX. This is not the path I want to use. I am not able to change this path. Can I change this installation path somewhere?

Kind regards,

Martijn krop.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: Upgrading CM 10.20 to 10.21

Jump to solution

Hello,

I guess your OS is Windows Server 2012.

Even if you are not here is a workaround:

-create a file Ex installer_params.properties

-add the fallowing line in this file USER_INSTALL_DIR=E\:\\hp\\CM_10.1.0.0 (change the path to the CM 10.20 folder)

-save the file

-from CMD run the fallowing command:

<CM 10.21>.exe –i GUI –f  <path of the installer_params.properties file>\installer_params.properties

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

I guess your OS is Windows Server 2012.

Even if you are not here is a workaround:

-create a file Ex installer_params.properties

-add the fallowing line in this file USER_INSTALL_DIR=E\:\\hp\\CM_10.1.0.0 (change the path to the CM 10.20 folder)

-save the file

-from CMD run the fallowing command:

<CM 10.21>.exe –i GUI –f  <path of the installer_params.properties file>\installer_params.properties

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Razvan,

Thanks for this information. This worked.

Kind regards,

Martijn.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

We have a client that had this same issue.  This workaround allowed us to upgrade properly in their development environment, however their pre-production server is refusing to run the upgrade installer.  It will unpack the compressed files, however it will not follow that by executing the setup.  No logs, no error messages, no system events, the process just terminates.  If they run it interractively, the installer starts after the files are unpacked.  They have to stop it, of course, because of the incorrect install folder.

I did some web searches to find command line parameters for InstallAnywhere that might force it to create a log file, but no luck.  Anyone ever see anything like this, even with other InstallAnywhere packages?  Anyone know how to force the package to make a log file?

The client is installing on a Windows 2012 R2 server with UCMDB and CM 10.20 installed.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.