Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Usage of wildcard characters while defining file based rule in USAI

Can we use wildcard characters like * while doing a File based teaching in SAI?

Recently I came across a situation where I need to teach a Application (suppose name being Logsee) via file based approach. However the file names related to Logsee (the application is question) are something like these: Logsee_daemon1, Logsee_daemon2, Logsee_config1, in short all the files related to the application start with the prefix "Logsee_". Can I do a file based teaching where I can specify the filename to be like      Logsee_*  , instead of specifying individual files?

Thanks,

Sanchari Gupta 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Usage of wildcard characters while defining file based rule in USAI

The way to teach applications based on Rules is called "Rule Based". You can define rules for the files and their versions.This way you don't need to specify each file and its checksum as in "File Based" teaching. An example you can find here:

https://docs.microfocus.com/UCMDB/11.0/ucmdb-docs/docs/eng/doc_lib/Content/Inventory_Tools/SAI_Editor/Application_Teaching/sai_editor_teach_version_package_ex.htm

Regards,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Usage of wildcard characters while defining file based rule in USAI

HI Petko,

Thanks for pointing to the Rule based approach. However, in our case, we are not looking for Package Rule or Version Rule based teaching. The files which I gave as examples, belong to generic version, hence I'm not very sure if the version rule will work in this case. Also, we can't opt for Package based rule as well.

Can we do a Rule based teaching by using Regex on File name?

Thanks in advance.

-Sanchari Gupta

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.