Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Using RCChangeAdapter in UCMDB

Has anyone used the RCChangeAdapter in the UCMDB? This adapter is to federate Change Records from HP Release Control to UCMDB.

We are currently using RC 9.21 and UCMDB 9.05, i've deployed the adapter to UCMDB, from (D:\HP\RC920\uCmdb\ucmdb-90\extensions\federation) on the RC Server.

I then setup the integration point in the integration studio and tested the connection, all seems to be working there.

When i create a view in the modeling studio and pull back RFCs, it seems to die out. I can't get the RFC properties, and also can't pull realted Nodes to the Change Records.

Has anyone used this adapter to federate change records?

As a side note, we are using a third Party Service desk, not HP SM. So we cannot use the SM adapter to federate changes into the uCMDB.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Using RCChangeAdapter in UCMDB

It's hard to answer what the system is waiting for, without logs. As initial suggestion, I'd ask to go over integration docs at HP SSO ->

http://support.openview.hp.com/sc/solutions/integrations.jsp?intid=193 .

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

The integration documents are lacking quite a bit of detail on that particular integration.

For the error logs just seems to be nullpointer exception - attached a snippet

Also some screenshots, 1st showing a list of changes, 2nd when i go to properties on one of the changes I see no attribute data.

Another error was one stating that the adapter failed to get the layout:

2014-03-13 14:42:48,357 [258831871@qtp0-39199] (AbstractDataAccessAdapterOperation.java:41) ERROR - com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.fcmdb.dataAccess.exception.AdapterAccessGeneralException: [ErrorCode [802] General Integration Error]
Failed to get objects layout

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

"Failed to get objects layout" is pointing that TQL used for sync has a problem. The most common case is attribute that isn't part of a class model in general...

Assuming that integartion i sfederating data from RC the problem is most probably in mapping.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Dima,

Do you know if there are certain mandatory fields? I have reduced the convertFields.properties adapter file to only the following fields in order to narrow down:

# The format is:
# UCMDB property name = RC field name
display_label=request-id
reference_number=request-id
name=summary
planned_start_date=planned-start-time
planned_end_date=planned-end-time

I've double checked all of these fields are fine, i can even create a TQL that include the Name/ID of the RFC, and also planned start and end times.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

The failure is not on showing the data. The adapter itself is under RC (both from support and development sides). 

I'm not sure there is an option to debug integration on forum thread :).

My suggestion is to open case with RC and ask for explanations. They will move the case to UCMDB in case the problem will be on UCMDB side.

Probably somebody from other forum folks will be more useful than myself... sorry.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.