Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

VMWare ESX server Query

Hi 

I am running the job VMware v CENTER Topolovy by VIM. And in that the job is providing me the error. And when i checked teh com log it is providing me the error as 

<log start="11:40:59" severity="debug">VM 'SERVER': is skipped for its IP(None) is out of Probe IP range</log>.

but the starnge thing is the server is already scanned through some other job and it is in UD through HOST connection jobs.

then if it is scanned and it needs to make topology by VIM jobs. DO we need to enable the VIM on the virtualized machine also apart from teh esx server.

Regards

Ayush

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: VMWare ESX server Query

Hi

Not sure how you are running the jobs, But try to run the Vmware vCenter connection job before you run the Topology job. Make sure you have configured the VIM protocol. Once you discover the VMware Virtual Center CI, Then you should be able to get the required results from the server.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: VMWare ESX server Query

Hi ,

Thanks for replying i figure out that the host doesn't have the vmtool installed on them thats why they are not coming in the topology while they are there in ucmdb.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.