Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

VMware discovery-ESX server-and its IP address Report

Hi,

Working on UD10.01,CP12.06, CUP3

I have done VMware discovery using below job

VMWARE VCENTER CONNECTION BY VIM

VMWARE VCENTER TOPOLOGY BY VIM

.The expected CIs are available in UD. But I am unable to find ESX and and its related IP address.

ESX host name and IP addresses are available in UD but if I check get related items, there are no items related to  ESX host name or ESX IP address.

Here I want to prepare report of all ESX server and its IP address. Please let me know how to achieve this.

I tried the same by selecting "vmware esx server" CI---->(COMPOSITION)---> Virtualization layer software--->VIRTUAL JOIN---->IP ADDRESS 

Calculate query result count is shwoing no of server and IP address but report is not getting loaded for this query so unable to see  server-ipaddress relationship

PLease suggest.

with regards,

Nick

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: VMware discovery-ESX server-and its IP address Report

Hi Nick,

Have you tried running "VMware ESX Connection by CIM" instead? seems from the CITs in map that it would discover the relationship.

Best Regards,

Juan Calderon

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: VMware discovery-ESX server-and its IP address Report

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I will check the given option and revert you.

with regards,

Neena

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.