Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

ValueError: invalid literal for __int__: 4294967295

HP uCMD ver 9.04 CUP4 - 136; DDM Content Pack 10.0.444

I have validated that the OID exists in the configuration XML file.

I have not cleared cache, restarted servers, cleared probe DB, etc.

During "Host connection by SNMP" discovery, I receive the error, "ValueError: invalid literal for __int__: 4294967295". This seems to be encountered on network devices where a particular interface is running at 10Gb. When examining the network device port in SNMP, I see the interface speed as "4294967295" (which is 2^32, ~4Gb, if I understand this correctly). When looking at the jython/python (not sure which) code in "SNMP_Networking_Utils.py", I see the following piece of code, which to me seems suspect:

if iface.ifSpeed and int(iface.ifSpeed) == 429967295:#magic number in case speed is higher than 10Gb

The reason I find this code suspect is that the number pattern is so similar, minus the "4" in position 4 (hopefully that makes sense). So, I tried to comment this code with a replaced version that looks like this:

if iface.ifSpeed and int(iface.ifSpeed) == 4294967295:#magic number in case speed is higher than 10Gb

This caused a failure for an integer too large or something similar, whereas I was previously receiving a warning and failure to connect with the above-mentioned error. Is this just a coincidence? Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: ValueError: invalid literal for __int__: 4294967295

Hi,

This is a known issue. The publicaly available change request could be found at http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1H69182.

The issue solved in CP10 Update 1 and CP11.

Both packages could be found at HP LN at https://hpln.hp.com/node/31/contentfiles.

Hope this helps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.