Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Verifying the data

UCMDB 10.32 CP 25

HI Experts,

I have a request where i need to verify the data before it sends the data to the server. like when any discovery runs it will store the data first in the probe db then after that it sends the dat to the server i need to verify the data in the probe db itself before it make any changes in the server.

Need some help in this

Regards

Aayush 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Verifying the data

Hi 

Can any one know how to access the PROBE DB. How we can see what it is storing 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

For data validation we have the result vector in the Communication log.

The probe DB can be accessed on localhost with the pgadmin3.exe utility from DataFlowProbe\pgsql\bin directory using the ceredentials defined during DFP installation.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks I am able to access the POSTGRE SQL of probe but my actual requirement is the above one where after running the jobs the data need to be stored in PROBE DB or somewhere else then after we verified about the changes it is going to make in the UCMDB server . So we can approve / reject which data need to go to the server.

DO you know how i can accomplished this.

Regards

Ayush

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

hello Aayush56,

many brave engineers ventured in the Probe DB to acomplish similar tasks. I'm not aware of a single example which actually managed to reach such a goal.

My suggestion is to leave the probe DB untouched and use a different validation method. Here and there we may have flows that don't seem logical while using the auto-deletion mechanism or we may have flows which don't delete CIs but this is very rare and needs a longer investigation.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Ayush,

I think you are talking about action and authorized state of UCMDB data according to ITIL. Basically you want a UCMDB which has all the discovered data and one which has the approved data only, once you verify it is correct. Since the probe has no user friendly interface for that, you will have to use the  product Configuration Manager: https://docs.microfocus.com/SM/9.60/Hybrid/Content/integrations/ucmdb/concepts/ucmdb_configuration_manager.htm

Universal CMDB Configuration Manager (Configuration Manager) provides the tools to help the system manager better control the CMS (Configuration Management System) data. It focuses primarily on analyzing and controlling the data in the CMS, as the ITIL directs. 

Another way to do this programically, is to use the DataFlowProbe validation scripting. You can specify python scripting in the dataValidationlibs.xml in order to filter out invalid records coming from DFP discoveries. For more information please check "Content Data Validation" in Universal CMDB DataFlow Managemend Guide.pdf

Regards,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance UCMDB Consultant

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.