Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

View based on Volume "Percent" free space

Jump to solution

Hello,

Using discovery/inventory based, Ci's type "Physical Volume" appears, with some very interesting attributes, such as "Free sapce" or "disk space usage" ....

I want to create a view selecting information base on the "percent left space" < 15% (example) .... but nowhere i find any attribute representing a ratio (usage or free left space) .... and so i cannot used a query as design ....

So what are possibilities for me ? create a new attribute, automatically calculated ? how can i do that ?

Is new impact rule (in configuration manager) can "resolve" what i want to do ?

thanks in advance for your help !

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: View based on Volume "Percent" free space

Jump to solution

The value of "FreeSpaceAvailable" is already a percentage, so it can be used as is it is in your query.

Regards,

Irina

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello,

The "Physical Volume" CIT does not have "free space" capability as this data is only available on the logical level, not on the physical one.

For example, FileSystem CIT does have  "Free Space Available" attribute that holds the amount of free space.

Regards,

Irina

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply ..

Sorry i mistake the name of CIT .. you're right, i was talking about Logical Volume and File System free space ...

But, my question is the same : is there a way to make appear the percent between usage/free space on a filesystem CIT?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

The value of "FreeSpaceAvailable" is already a percentage, so it can be used as is it is in your query.

Regards,

Irina

“HP Support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Oh ok i have just understand :

- in LogicalVolume we have the really amount of space (free and usage) appearing in MB

- In Filesystem, the attribute you mentionned represent exactly the percentage we hope ...

thank you very much for your help

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.