Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

View probes CI sending queue size to be send to dashboard

Hi

I am looking for a method to access the probe CI sending queue sizes in a format that can be delivered to a dashboard.

I can view these queue sizes via the uCMDB GUI or the probe JMX (GwTaskResultDistributer)

Does anyone know how this can be read from a file/DB table or using API?

Many thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Adam,

first it is best to check if the DataFlow Management API can server your needs. THe documentation is available here:

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Universal_CMDB:2018.08/devref/DFM_API_c_Overview#.24filename.7C

If you need to get the queue size of the Probe I think the API call will not be available.  However UCMDB is using the Java JMX console. There are numerous tools in Internet which can take the information from a certain MBean, which you've already found. In OMi (OpsBridge package) there is even jmx query tool coming out of the box. 

In order to make such a tool able to connect to the JMX, you will need uncomment the following lines in the wrapper.conf in bin/ folder:

#Uncomment the following lines to enable monitoring and management using JMX technology.
wrapper.java.additional.14=-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
#wrapper.java.additional.15=-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=29601
#wrapper.java.additional.16=-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false
#wrapper.java.additional.17=-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

That sounds like a possible method however I dont think I can use it as our probes are in a secure environmant and we have almost no direct access to them. 

I was hopefull that a method might exist on the app server that queries the probe remotely for the CI queue but it looks like thats not possible.

I will have a think if there is a way to query the JMX mbean and send the result back.

Thank you.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.