Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

WMI AD attributes

Hello, when testing WMI Host Connection jobs across multiple domains, we have found that the service account requires Domain Admin access. Of course, this is an issue with many of the Domain Admins. Can you tell me what specific AD attributes are required for the service account to run the WMI select statements required by the WMI Host Connection job?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: WMI AD attributes

Hello ,

I hope you are doing great!

You may search in the permission of the Job that will required to run.

Best Regards,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: WMI AD attributes

Thank you for your reply. If you are referring to "View Permissions" under the discovery job, I am aware of that option (results below). However, there is no documentation that I've found that can map what AD permissions are required to run these commands.

Permission - WMI

Operation - select

Usage Description - Obtains basic host information

Objects and Parameters:

root\cimv2 Win32_BIOS
root\cimv2 Win32_BaseBoard
root\cimv2 Win32_ComputerSystem
root\cimv2 Win32_ComputerSystemProduct
root\cimv2 Win32_IP4RouteTable
root\cimv2 Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration
root\cimv2 Win32_OperatingSystem
root\cimv2 Win32_SystemEnclosure

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.