Super Contributor.. devesh bais Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

WebLogic 10.3 server discovery from uCMDB

I am able to discover Weblogic 10.3 server using "JEE WebLogic Connection by JMX", but for the same version server I am getting following errorin Error.log.

WARN - Pattern:tempForLayout has invalid layout:com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.tql.exception.TqlValidationException: [ErrorCode [165] one of layout properties is not part of class]
Layout property :data_note is not part of class: root
com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.tql.exception.TqlValidationException: [ErrorCode [165] one of layout properties is not part of class]
Layout property :data_note is not part of class: root

attaching the comminucation log for reference. 

Both Weblogic server/instances are ruuning on Linux.

0 Likes
11 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Dima Gomel Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: WebLogic 10.3 server discovery from uCMDB

Dear Devesh,

Most probably the discovery problem you have not related to error you posted.

The error you tracked is a known error reported at http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_QCCR1H81574. It's not critical and will be solved in future version.

Regarding the comm log provided. I found several errors that could be relevant below. My best guess t3://168.94.13.139:10080 need to be replaced to http://168.94.13.139:10080...

javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: t3://168.94.13.139:10080: Destination unreachable; nested exception is: 
	java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect; No available router to destination]</log>
	<log start="17:40:19" severity="debug">Reporting error code 200 to framework.</log>
	<log start="17:40:19" severity="debug">Error message is: java.lang.Exception: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: t3://168.94.13.139:10080: Destination unreachable; nested exception is: 
	java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect; No available router to destination]</log>
	<log start="17:40:19" severity="debug">Reporting error code 200 to framework.</log>
Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Super Contributor..

Hi Dima,

Thank you very much for the reply.

The link you provided is not opening to desire page. I am getting "We apologize for any inconvenience while the site is not available." message.

On t3 to replace with http, can you please help to understand, how you want me to change it. As I am not sure what excatly you are suggesting.

Thank you. 🙂

Devesh

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Please let me know the exact version of UCMDB in use including the CUPs and Content pack version. All this  info could be retrieved from Help->About screen.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Hi Dima,

Server version: 10.01.CUP3 build: 235
Customer ID: 1, Name: Default Client, CP: 12.0.825Description: Default Client, Config ID: 1]
Probe: DSD01DDMA, version: 10.01.CUP3.235, build: 235

Devesh

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Thanks for the info. My initial suggestion regarding t3 protocal was incorrect. T3 is a proprietary data exchange mechanism invented by BEA. It is a simpler Java objects serializer by TCP/IP. So the problem is not here.

Please try to open http://168.94.13.139:10080 from the probe server in any browser. Use same credentials provided to UCMDB to connect to JMX console.

Let us know results of connection

Please also provide us with specific Weblogic version running on 168.94.13.139.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Weblogic Version for 168.94.13.139 is 10.3. I tired opening the url from prob but it is not opening.
I am working on to fix it, same time I am trying to discover another IP, which I am able to access via web browser. that is also running with 10.3 version
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Accessability of JMX from the probe machine is neccesssary. I think this is root cause. Check WebLogic licensing and domains permitted for connection.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Super Contributor..

Thank you Dima, I will check that.
Also tried 9.x servers too, some are successful and some are not

log start="17:45:28" severity="warn">Failed to establish connection using Connection configuration for protocol
Protocol: name = weblogicprotocol, netAddresss = DEFAULT with properties {u'version': u'9.x', u'port': 10080}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "JMX_J2EE_WebLogic_Connection", line 56, in DiscoveryMain
File "connection", line 139, in createClient
Exception: java.lang.Exception: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: t3://168.94.71.56:10080: Destination unreachable; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect; No available router to destination]
</log>
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Dear Devesh,

Weblogic has a connection policy based on source IP/hostnames. Access to specific systems could be blocked from the probe IP/hostname. The very first check should be access to JMX from the browser on probe server.

Did you solved the problem on 168.94.13.139:10080?

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Hi Dima,

Thank you for the reply/inputs.

I am in process to validate all the servers access from prob, as bunch of IP are throwing error.

Not not able to fix the 139:10080 issue at present.

Devesh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Aayush56 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Devesh,

Did you able to resolve your issue as i am facing the same and it would be great help.

Also could you please let me know what steps you took from the start. So i have a clear understanding in resolving this.

I am not able to make connection to the weblogic till now.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.