Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Weblogic Discovery

Hi 

I am discovering weblogic in my environment through JMX.

In JEE Weblogic connection  by JMX. 

I am getting error on UI as :

<< Progress message, Severity: Error>>
Failed executing script, details: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 2, in <module>
File "JMX_J2EE_WebLogic_Connection", line 35, in DiscoveryMain
File "jee_connection", line 63, in getAvailableProtocols
File "protocol", line 24, in getProtocolById
at java.lang.String.toLowerCase(String.java:2590)
at java.lang.String.toLowerCase(String.java:2670)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.classmodel.util.xml.XmlParser.validateControlCharacters(XmlParser.java:191)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.classmodel.util.xml.XmlParser.unmarshalClassModelEntity(XmlParser.java:148)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.classmodel.util.xml.XmlParser.parseClassModelDefinition(XmlParser.java:75)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.classmodel.util.xml.XmlParser.parseClassModelDefinition(XmlParser.java:63)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.classmodel.util.xml.XmlParser.parseClassModel(XmlParser.java:53)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.communication.downloader.cfgfiles.CmdbClassModelConfigFile.loadContents(CmdbClassModelConfigFile.java:35)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.communication.downloader.cfgfiles.BaseConfigFile.<init>(BaseConfigFile.java:29)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.communication.downloader.cfgfiles.CmdbClassModelConfigFile.<init>(CmdbClassModelConfigFile.java:26)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.communication.downloader.ConfigFilesManagerImpl.loadConfigFile(ConfigFilesManagerImpl.java:332)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.communication.downloader.ConfigFilesManagerImpl.getConfigFile(ConfigFilesManagerImpl.java:214)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.communication.downloader.ConfigFilesManagerImpl.getCmdbClassModel(ConfigFilesManagerImpl.java:398)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.clients.recorder.Utils.getEncryptedAttributesNames(Utils.java:56)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.credentials.dictionary.ProtocolSecurityController.getProtocolEncryptedAttributes(ProtocolSecurityController.java:107)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.credentials.dictionary.ProtocolSecurityController.convertToSecureProtocol(ProtocolSecurityController.java:82)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.credentials.dictionary.ProtocolSecurityController.convertToSecureProtocol(ProtocolSecurityController.java:55)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.credentials.dictionary.ProtocolDictionaryManager.getProtocolById(ProtocolDictionaryManager.java:77)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.credentials.dictionary.ProtocolManager.getProtocolById(ProtocolManager.java:55)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Weblogic Discovery

Under the job's properties tab you need to increase the maximum heap size (-Xmx) in the RemoteJVMArgs parameters

Regards,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

HI 

I checked the value is -Xms64m -Xmx256m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m 

How much should i increase this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Assuming that you have enough (total) RAM available, I would start out by increasing the value "-Xmx256m" to "-Xmx512m". 

Regards,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi 

I tried and increase the heap size but still i am getting an error.

PFA the log file

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Keep in mind that starting from UCMDB 10.21 we are using JRE8 which doesn't have permGem memory setting.

It's a known defect to alter the job parameters to mention maxMetaspaceSize instead of MaxPermSize.

For the heap size, you can try to reduce the concurrent threads running on the adapter. This will mean that instead of the OOTB 8 concurrent trigger CIs, it will run on less and maybe the Heap memory consumption will be lower.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.