Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Websphere Discovery Issue

Hi,

When we try to discover the Websphere Application, we are facing the following issues

As you are aware,We can discover this websphere using two Discovery Methods. In both the methods it is failing

1.    By JMX/Websphere Protocol

Activity: I have placed the Jars and Certificates on the Probe Server and defined the credentials for the same with the Port 8879 and the Passwords for the certificate as well

As the JMX Account details and try to check the credentials and also tried to run the Discovery Job

Issue faced: I was getting the following error

com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorException: ADMC0016E: The system cannot create a SOAP connector to connect to host at port 8879 . This is the port i got from the Soap_Connector_Port on the websphere application. Infact i tried with various other ports mentioned by the Websphere SME, but no luck.

2.    By Shell/SSH Protocol

Activity: I have ran the discovery of Host resources Jobs by shell to discover the Websphere Application.

Issue Faced: But I couldn’t discover the Websphere getting discovered. I have observed from the Logs the following line

when the following command is executed by our UCMDB Application, “/application/WebSphere/webserver/bin/httpd -V “

It gives the Following error: “ld.so.1: httpd: fatal: libaprutil-1.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory Killed ERROR_CODE:137. Error when executing command /application/WebSphere/webs”erver/bin/httpd -V' “

Few other details

Websphere Version : 7.0

DDMA/UCMDB Version : 9.05 and Content pack 10.01.487

Please share your inputs here

Regards

Ashok

Thanks & Regards

Ashok

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Websphere Discovery Issue

Port 8880 is the only port we seem to have any success with.

So you cannt detect Websphere AS with host resource by shell?

Try running the J2ee TCP port to detect the port and then run the websphere by shell job

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Regarding WL by JMX jobs...

First check that JMX could be accessed from the probe machine with provided credentials.

WL by Shell... 

IBM HTTP server (AKA Apache) wasn't installed from the package, as result it can't access third party library.

More about this here:

http://www.doxer.org/learn-linux/resolved-ld-so-1-httpd-fatal-libaprutil-0-so-0-open-failed-no-such-file-or-directory/

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

I was able to discover all the ports mentioned above like 8879, 8880, 9043 from J2ee tcp port job

Regards

Ashok

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Dima,

I was able to Access the Websphere from using the JMX with the credentials frm the Probe machine.
But the discovery is failing

Regards
Ashok
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Ashok,

Regardig the jmx connection please try the following:

1. Check the parameter in DataFlow configuration file:
appilog.collectors.websphere.combine.certificates. In UCMDB 9.05 CUP6 and bellow it should be false because with true option you will not able to discover websphere with SSL
2. Change the remoteJVMArgs job attribute by adding -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=..\runtime\probeManager\discoveryResources\j2ee\websphere\UCMDB_store.jks
This is problem relevant untill UCMDB 9.05 CUP5.

3. Copy the ORIGINAL dummy_*.jks truststore from the WS server on the probe
4. Export the Websphere AS certificate from Internet browser UI. (You connect from the probe to the Websphere admin page and export its cerificate)
5. Import this certificate into trust store file (dummy_*.jks) using keytool.
6. Configure credentials with this new trustore file
7. You do not need configure keystore path in credentials (only truststore). Keystore is mandatory when Websphere AS uses client certificate authentication mode. But customer has not such configuration.
Please let me know the results after doing this.

Adrian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Adrian,
Thanks for the inputs.
I was able to perform the steps form 1 to 3.
For step 4, from which place in the UI i can download the Websphere AS Certi
For Step 5 n 6, can you elaborate how to import this certificate and where is this tool and how to configure the credentials

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.