Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Websphere MQ

Hi All

I have to run the Websphere MQ discovery , the Shell CI is already discovered for the Websphere MQ server. In order to run the discovery what are the minimum permissions required.

Do I need sudo or admin access for the user which I configure on ucmdb and websphere MQ? Can we just get the access for the user which is created on Websphere MQ channel and discovery will work

Reviewed these from the permission page :

Basic login

Get language information

Discover MQ Version and Queue Managers Info

Discover Queue Manager Listen Ports

Discover Queue Managers Info

Discover MQ Cluster Info

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Websphere MQ

Any experience with the discovery

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

It's rarely used but I see in the job parameters that we have 2 sudo related options so it needs some extra permissions, I can't tell for sure.

Upon a quick look at the mq_topology.py script we can see that most of the data is collected from the disk (MQ specific files), netstat like (ports) and some specific MQ commands.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

SO the user can be created on the MQ channel and I can define the user in the SSH protocol. Is this correct, will this work.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

From what I saw in the Jython script, most of the commands would be OS related so the SSh credentials are vital.

As I said, I never had to work with this job but I would try to reproduce the env on a short lived VM and figure out from there what are the permissions.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Thanks Bogdan.  I ran the discovery on one of the development MQ server and gives the error << Progress message, Severity: Warning>> No queue managers found!.

I ran it with the basic ssh protocol credentials that was already set up for host discovery. I am attaching the error log, l think it requires the sudo access . is there any workaround ?

The MQ team can create two type of users one with the sudo access or the other one on the MQ channel . I don't know where can I define the user created onMQ channel on uCMDB. There is no such option. Getting sudo rights is a issue due to regulations.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

In the Permissions.pdf of your CP you can see which commands are executed and the user you are connecting with has to have access to. If the user cannot execute them, it requires sudo. So the workaround is to give the user enough permissions to execute the following:

mq.pngTo test yourself, connect with SSH with the discovery user and try to execute the commands yourself.

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Thanks so much, I have share these details to create a user with these permissions.

Best

Swati Sood

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

any ideas for the complete discovery of weblogic?
I need sudo? about what commands?
The discovery through the JMX is very complicated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Mastella,

all the commands used can be found at https://docs.microfocus.com/UCMDB/2018.08/cp-docs/docs/eng/pdfs/Permissions.pdf. You can check if you can execute them with the used you have been given for discovery. Weblogic JMX discovery finds far more CIs than the Shell one. 

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.