Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

What are the softwares we can discovery using HP UD

Jump to solution
Hi All, I am working on UD discovery in my environment and my clients want to know all list of softwares which we can discoveer using HP UD discovery in all kind of operating systems like Windows, UNix ext. Could any one tell me how to findout all softwares which we can dicover or tell me where can get this information. Thanks, Swamy
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Swamy, 

You can find more information about SAI (Software Application Index) files in the Data Flow Management Guide for UCMDB (Chapter 18). According to that document, "The Software Application Index (.zsai) files contain a database of software applications. The XML Enricher uses these files to perform application recognition." 

Master.zsai Contains English versions of software and language-neutral versions of Windows software.
French.zsai Contains French versions of Windows software.
German.zsai Contains German versions of Windows software.
Unix.zsai Contains English and language-neutral versions of UNIX software.
BaseUnixOS.zsai Contains language-neutral installed package rules for base UNIX operating system software.
Mac.zsai Contains language-neurtral versions of Apple Mac software.
Legacy.zsai Contains older versions of Unix and Windows applications for all languages.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi, 

You can find a list of supported software in the Data Flow Managment module/section under Software Library. The Master SAI file will give a comprehensive list.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
Thanks realit for the Reply. As mentioned I verified the Software library module and there I can so many files. And I can see so many software and application in each SAI files. So I tried to do some analysis on SAI files, BUt I did not found proper information to understand what is SAI file and how they work. It would be great help if you let me know where can I get to know how SAI files work and softwares information in it. If you share me any URL also will be helpful for. I want to know how full functionality of SAI file and how they will work and their uses. Because I need to give a report to my customer about list all possible softwares which we can discovery by UD agent from windows machine. Thanks, Swamy
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Swamy, 

You can find more information about SAI (Software Application Index) files in the Data Flow Management Guide for UCMDB (Chapter 18). According to that document, "The Software Application Index (.zsai) files contain a database of software applications. The XML Enricher uses these files to perform application recognition." 

Master.zsai Contains English versions of software and language-neutral versions of Windows software.
French.zsai Contains French versions of Windows software.
German.zsai Contains German versions of Windows software.
Unix.zsai Contains English and language-neutral versions of UNIX software.
BaseUnixOS.zsai Contains language-neutral installed package rules for base UNIX operating system software.
Mac.zsai Contains language-neurtral versions of Apple Mac software.
Legacy.zsai Contains older versions of Unix and Windows applications for all languages.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
Thanks for your valueble information realit. Swamy
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

No problem. Glad to be of help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.