Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

What does Capacity represent in the JMX license invocation

Hello, I have a uCMDB Foundation and OS Instance license installed and when completeing the license installation there is a Capacity row with an associated number (16 and 596). Can someone explain what capacity means here or more to the point how can I determine what my discovery and overall uCMDB footprint limitations might be? Please let me know if I can provide more clarity to this question but basically looking to see if I need to plan for more license purchases or if this license is likely to be sufficient to my environment.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hello,

The capacity value shown per each feature of license in general reflects the maximum number of Operating System Instance (OSI) allowed to be discovered. If the license feature is "Universal CMDB Third Party Integration", the capacity value means maximum number of allowed Managed Data Repositories (MDR). The capacity value is indeed your limiations for the license feature.

If you are working with UCMDB 10.10 or newer, UCMDB Admin UI provides the ablity to view the current consumption of capacity out of total maximum. In the UI, please find and click on a key icon at the bottom of the screen, it will display licenese usage/summary. Please see screenshot below

For more detailed information about licensing please refer to Licensing Guide. This cumulative information and knowledge about how many machines with OSI you intend to bring in UCMDB via various features may help you plan.

Hope this helps

Regards,
-Bilal Farooqui, SW Support Technical Consultant
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at bottom to say 'Thanks'.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.