Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

What kind of CI Type would you create for bots

Would you create a new  CI type under BusinessElement manually or use use one that exists? 

Would you then try and discover as a running peice of sofware and then relate them to the one of the owerarching  CI types under BusinessElement? 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: What kind of CI Type would you create for bots

Hi Lee, 

I am not sure what bots signify here, however you can take decision based on few questions:

1. Do you already use BusinessElement subclasses?

2. Can you see some similarities to the goal you want to use to connect to bots with BusinessApplication,InfrastructureService, etc. You can find nice description for what is the use of each class in CI Type Manager.

3. Do you want to just group some CIs? For this you can use CI Collection.

4. Do you use or do you plan using in the future OOB integrations to other external systems? If you create a new class, you may need to redo all the queries in order to synchronize this information to the 3rd party.

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: What kind of CI Type would you create for bots

Hi

Were you able to create a CI  for BOTS or used the one already available from the list. I have the same requirement which I need to check.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.