Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

What to do when '*' is used as a listener address instead of an IP Address

In cases where the configuration of a port listener address is configured using an astrisk (*) instead of an IP Address, discovery patterns like MQ by Shell fail.  Is there any workaround for this.  I currently have an ER submitted for this.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Re: What to do when '*' is used as a listener address instead of an IP Address

Hello Thomas,

could you share the QCCR ID ? This would help to better understand the problematic here

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Pierre

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Sorry, not  an ER, but an open service request #4652950946

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Hi again Thomas,

I thank you for this ID.

I've checked it, and have to admit I have difficulties to understand what was done there. I could see some reference to a communication with R&D, but no elevation ID, nor technical data related to what R&D may have responded.

What I would suggest is that you come back to the assigned support engineer, and ask for a clarification on the current status, what can be done, and get an clear statement regarding R&D's position on this...

If assigned engineer needs assistance, then he can of course contact the backline support team.

Hope this helps

Best regards,

Pierre

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.