Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Where does uCMDB 9.05 keep track of credentials per CI

We have multiple suppliers who manage systems in our enterprise. Unfortunately, we can't segregate them by IP space, so we have multiple credentials for SSH, WMI, etc. When a CI is discovered, uCMDB will try relevent credentials, in the order they are listed, until it finds one that works. Where does it save this information? Or, does it go through the whole list each time?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Where does uCMDB 9.05 keep track of credentials per CI

Hello Sean ,

I hope you are doing well .

All the activity of the of the job is saved in the probe results cache. The first time that the job runs the discovery it will pass through the all credentials until it find the correct one. The next discovery will use the last correct credential.

Best Regards ,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, but how do I get to the 'probe results cache'?
Do I have to check each CI one at a time?
If there a way I can search to see if "Credential123" is actually being used?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello Sean ,

I hope you are doing well .

We can to clear the probe results cache but we can access this files . We clear this in each job .

Best regards ,

Melissa Carranza Mejias

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is the probe results this?

<uCMDB root>/DataFlowProbe/runtime/communicationLog/<discoveryjob> record files?

Or, are you talking about something else?

I can go through each one of these files and see which credentials were tried, failed, successful, but is tens of thousands of files.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello Sean ,

It is differente but we cannot access to the cache results only we can clear the data .

Best Regards ,

Melissa Carranza Mejias

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.