Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Where is job Callhome_Task

I have a case open with support regarding probe dashboard statistics send a "-1" value for Unsent Results from 2 of my probe servers. During their investigation they found a message in the logs regarding a job called "Callhome_Task" that was missing. I have a job called Call Home Processing with an XML file called Call Home Processing.xml in <Probe Home>\runtime\probeManager\discoveryJobs. Nothing on the probe server shows any job called Callhome_Task.

However, on the UCMDB server in the mam.autodiscovery.log it shows processing of results for this job for each of the probe servers that is running Call Home Processing job. Also the CIT CallhomeEvent is updated by UCMDBDiscovery: Callhome_Task.

I don't know how to explain to MF support that the job is enabled and working even though there is no job XML file on any of the probe servers. Can anyone point me to where the job Callhome_Task is defined?

12 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Where is job Callhome_Task

Hey John,

can you share the log where you see these log messages? I have the latest versions of UCMDB and I can't see any references to such job. I've also checked in 10.33, where I couldn't find it either. Maybe there is a clue on the line what process is triggering the message.

Petko

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Petko, thank you for your willingness to help in this situation.

Here are the logs where I'm seeing these messages:

Probe Server - svr-orw-udp-03 – probe-error.log:

<2019-01-09 14:38:27,233> [ERROR] [Dashboard Thread] (ProbeTasksDistributerPull.java:970) - Probe sending request to server failed - Some error occurred (Check if the server is up)
com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.jobsmgr.exceptions.JobDoesNotExistException: Discovery job Callhome_Task was not found.
       at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.jobsmgr.DiscoveryJobsManager.getJobElement(DiscoveryJobsManager.java:157)
       at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.jobsmgr.DiscoveryJobsManager.createDiscoveryJobInfo(DiscoveryJobsManager.java:267)
       at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.jobsmgr.DiscoveryJobsManager.getDiscoveryJobInfo(DiscoveryJobsManager.java:175)
       at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.jobsmgr.DiscoveryJobsManager.getJobScheduleInfo(DiscoveryJobsManager.java:609)
       at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.discoveryscheduler.DiscoveryScheduler.getDashboardStatus(DiscoveryScheduler.java:605)
       at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probegw.CollectorsClient.sendProbeDashboardDataToServer(CollectorsClient.java:145)
       at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probegw.taskdistributor.ProbeTasksDistributerPull$DashboardThread.run(ProbeTasksDistributerPull.java:957)

UCMDB Server - svr-orw-ud-01 – mam.autodiscovery.log:

2019-01-09 14:38:08,279  INFO   [qtp1235808285-137106] - before processing result: result ID=SVR-ORW-UDP-03
Queue: []
2019-01-09 14:38:08,886  INFO   [Process Results Thread2-Callhome_Task] - Received result of job Callhome_Task, ProbeMgr: SVR-ORW-UDP-03, TimeStamp: 1547073481838. Time in queue: 596
2019-01-09 14:38:08,892  INFO   [Process Results Thread2-Callhome_Task] - ->Execute Cmdb Operation DataInAddOrUpdateData, total: 5 objects to add/update
2019-01-09 14:38:09,115  INFO   [Process Results Thread2-Callhome_Task] - Execute time of 5 changes: 223 ms
2019-01-09 14:38:09,115  INFO   [Process Results Thread2-Callhome_Task] - Session closed => total time: 223 ms
2019-01-09 14:38:09,118  INFO   [Process Results Thread2-Callhome_Task] - finished processing result of job: Callhome_Task, objects to update/delete: 3/0, total time: 232, update status time: 5, ucmdb process time: 224, store results time: 3
2019-01-09 14:38:09,601  INFO   [UCMDB - scheduler for customer 1, id name: Default Client] - Server Data Latest time is now: Wed Jan 09 14:34:36 PST 2019

2019-01-09 14:39:53,368  INFO   [qtp1235808285-137113] - before processing result: result ID=SVR-ORW-UDP-03
Queue: []
2019-01-09 14:39:53,417  INFO   [Process Results Thread2-Callhome_Task] - Received result of job Callhome_Task, ProbeMgr: SVR-ORW-UDP-03, TimeStamp: 1547073593261. Time in queue: 38
2019-01-09 14:39:53,424  INFO   [Process Results Thread2-Callhome_Task] - ->Execute Cmdb Operation DataInAddOrUpdateData, total: 5 objects to add/update
2019-01-09 14:39:53,658  INFO   [Process Results Thread2-Callhome_Task] - Execute time of 5 changes: 234 ms
2019-01-09 14:39:53,658  INFO   [Process Results Thread2-Callhome_Task] - Session closed => total time: 234 ms
2019-01-09 14:39:53,661  INFO   [Process Results Thread2-Callhome_Task] - finished processing result of job: Callhome_Task, objects to update/delete: 3/0, total time: 244, update status time: 6, ucmdb process time: 235, store results time: 3

As you can see in the above log snippets that the probe server is throwing error message that job Callhome_Task is not found. At the same time the UCMDB server is receiving and processing results for Callhome_Task from this probe server. The probe and UCMDB server are in the same time zone and in the same subnet.

Another curious thing about these messages is that they are only occurring on the probe servers that are configured as the Call Home targets for URL0, URL1, and URL2. I have other probe servers that are running jobs including Inventory Discovery by Scanner and Call Home Processing but the message for missing job Callhome_Task does not appear on those probes.

John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi John,

I've searched everywhere for something referring to Callhome_Task, but in version 2018.08 it just doesn't appear anywhere. Have you seen something not working as a consequence? Are the Callhome event CIs properly created in UCMDB?

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I have an open case with support regarding the UCMDB browser probe dashboard using a value of -1 for Unsent CI's for 2 of my probes. This value is only used for the probes that are the target of the Callhome URL configured in the UD Agent setup. Micro Focus support is asking me to make sure that the XML file for the job Callhome_Task is in the discoveryPatterns folder of the probe. This is the basis of my question because there is no job Callhome_Task yet, I can see the results of this job and see evidence in the UCMDB servers logs that it is successfully processing results for this job.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

One thing I can tell you for sure - Callhome_Task doesn't exist in discoveryPatterns for 2018.x versions. I suspect you are using a bit older version (maybe 10.x) and there is some obsolete code to trigger an old name of "CallHomeProcessing". 

Petko

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Yes I'm using UCMDB 10.33 CUP3 with CP29. The Callhome_task is not a normal job. It does not have a job XML file but is instead triggered during the Call Home process when the UD Agent does a call home to the configured call home server. In order to see this behavior you must have deployed agents. You then can look on the probe server that is configured as the url0, url1, url2 call home server. It is on this call home server that the Jetty connection is received and then sent to the UCMDB server to be processed. This process is called the Callhome_task.

John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello John,

I have exactly the same problem. Support couldn't solve it since two months. Seems that nobody at Micro Focus knows the problem ....

We have 10.33 with CP 29 too.

Achim

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello, John!

I have the same problem for 1 of my 4 probes. Do you have any news on this issue?

Best regards,
Andrey Kartashkov
Senior Systems Analyst
Moscow Exchange
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I have received a hotfix from support with a new discovery-probe.jar. Support has said that this should be available in 10.33 CUP 5 and will be included in UCMDB 2019.05.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Do you have a QCCR ID for it?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
EMEA CMS Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hello John:

We have the same problem with "CallHome_Task was not found" on the probe servers.

We have UCMDB 2019.02 with CP 2019.11.102 and the problem persist.

Do you have any news about this?

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.