Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Where modify Discovery scripts?

Hello Experts,

Currently I have populated the UCMDB with customized CI Types, for example I have a custom CI Type Database, because this has more attributes than OOB CI Tytpe Database. So I wonder to know, when I make a discovery, How I can make the discovered elements are stored in the Customized CI Types? Exist a xml file or script file where i can modify it or something?

Thanks for the support

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Where modify Discovery scripts?

Hi Jonathan,

I think there are only 2 options for you:

1. You can create special enrichment rule, which will copy existing CIs of OOTB type to your custom CI type with extended attributes.

2. Or you can change discovery scripts source code. You need to find a discovery job which is responsible for CI type discovery then select go to adapter scripts in context menu. It will show adapter configuration. Select Used Scripts section to view all scripts which are used to run the job.

For me option 1 seems better.

Regards, Andrey

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.