Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Why IPsubnets are discovered as IPAddresses

Hello all,
I am in confusion about discovered IP addresses. I have added 10.0.1.0/24 network as Probe range. But actualy this network is subnetted to several smaller networks (for example 10.0.1.16/29). I notice, that 10.0.1.16/29 is discovered as the IpSubnet, also 10.0.1.16 is discovered as IpAddress.

So if the 10.0.1.16 is not pingable IP, how it can be discovered as IpAddress? And how can I filter such type addresses in the Node Query Properties.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.