Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Windows Discovery fails with invalid user name or password

Jump to solution

I have already opened a case, since this applies to multiple servers in my environment, but maybe this is just something small that we didn't see so far along the process:

<log start="11:44:37" severity="debug">NTCMD: Invalid user name or password</log>
 <log start="11:44:37" severity="debug">Reporting error code 401 to framework.</log>
 <log start="11:44:37" severity="debug">Error message is: SSH: Connection timed out</log>
 <log start="11:44:37" severity="debug">Reporting error code 401 to framework.</log>
 <log start="11:44:37" severity="debug">Error message is: SSH: Connection timed out</log>
 <log start="11:44:37" severity="debug">Reporting error code 103 to framework.</log>
 <log start="11:44:37" severity="debug">Error message is: NTCMD: Internal error. Details: Failed to connect to remote service's pipes.</log>
 <log start="11:44:37" severity="debug">Reporting error code 103 to framework.</log>
 <log start="11:44:37" severity="debug">Error message is: NTCMD: Internal error. Details: NTCMD connection: access is denied.</log>
 <log start="11:44:37" severity="debug">Reporting error code 302 to framework.</log>
 <log start="11:44:37" severity="debug">Error message is: NTCMD: Invalid user name or password</log>
 <log start="11:44:37" severity="debug">Reporting error code 302 to framework.</log>
 <log start="11:44:37" severity="debug">Error message is: NTCMD: Invalid user name or password</log>

This affects a few hundred of my windows servers and notebooks right now, I know the user/pass to be correct and this has worked fine in the past.

Any quick ideas while I provide support with logs?

regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Windows Discovery fails with invalid user name or password

Jump to solution

There is internal investiagation on similar problem. Please raise the support case. It will be nice if you could mention
QCIM1H91189  on the case.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Do you currently have any patches on the system (under the <DataFlowProbe_Install_Dir>/classes folder)?  If so, remove it and retry.

Best Regards;

Keith Paschal

HP UCMDB Support

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Already removed the classes folder from probes(and iirc server also). Also did the registry fix for SCMApiConnection.

regards and thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Other things to try to isolate the issue:

1) Can you access the $ADMIN share of the remote system with the user the probe is running as?

2) Is it in a different domain?  Do you have domain admin credentials?

3) Can you connect with hpcmd manually? 

<Probe_Install_Dir>\runtime\probeGateway\discoveryResources\HPCmd.exe \\<server> /user:<username> /pwd:* date

The 'pwd:*' will make it prompt you for the password.  The user:/<username> should be in the form of domain\user.

Keith Paschal

HP UCMDB Support

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Please confirm the version of UCMDB with CUP and Content Pack with updates you are running with.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

10.01 Cup8.582
CP 12.09.1028

1) Probes are running as System Account
2) Same Domain
3) I did it with 2 users - that would explain the initial 1219 error before he throw the old connection out.

C:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\runtime\probeGateway\discoveryResources>HPCmd.exe \\at
rsvm502 /user:stmk\cmdbuser date
HPCmd v2.0 for Windows Server 2003 / Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2 - execut
es commands remotely

Connecting to remote service ... Invalid password

Password:

Connecting to remote service ... Failed

Couldn't connect to \\atrsvm502\ADMIN$
Failed with error code:1219
Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more
 than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the
 server or shared resource and try again.

C:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\runtime\probeGateway\discoveryResources>HPCmd.exe \\at
rsvm502 /user:stmk\cmdbuser date
HPCmd v2.0 for Windows Server 2003 / Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2 - execut
es commands remotely

Connecting to remote service ... Invalid password

Password:

Connecting to remote service ... Ok

The current date is: Wed 03/12/2014
Enter the new date: (mm-dd-yy) ^C
C:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\runtime\probeGateway\discoveryResources>

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

There is internal investiagation on similar problem. Please raise the support case. It will be nice if you could mention
QCIM1H91189  on the case.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Thank you, 4647450600 would be my case(just hoping im not the similar issue myself :).

I'll wait for the support to come back to me.

kind regards
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.