Super Contributor.. RRose Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

XML Enricher service will not start

Jump to solution

I have a probe where the XML Enricher service will not start.  I've tried stopping / starting the service, rebooting the server and no luck.  Any ideas where to look to diagnose the issue?  Any help is appreciated.

Bob

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Aayush56 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: XML Enricher service will not start

Jump to solution

Try to go to this location C:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\bin\xmlenricher. There is one wrapper file try to chnage the value over there for me it works.

8 Replies
johnc3 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

What the does XML enricher log say?

What's your version?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.  We are on 10.33 CP24 and the error log states:

<2018-04-25 05:30:42,374> [WARN ] [XmlEnricherMonitorThread] (?:?) - Service UCMDB_Probe_XmlEnricher failed during starting up. Service NOT started.
<2018-04-25 05:30:42,374> [WARN ] [XmlEnricherMonitorThread] (?:?) - Failed to start UCMDB_Probe_XmlEnricher!
com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.xmlenricher.services.ManageServices$ManageServicesException
 at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.xmlenricher.services.ManageServicesJNA.waitForStartPendingService(ManageServicesJNA.java:110)
 at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.xmlenricher.services.ManageServicesJNA.startService(ManageServicesJNA.java:75)
 at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.xmlenricher.services.XmlEnricherService.startSrv(XmlEnricherService.java:45)
 at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.xmlenricher.XmlEnricherMonitorService$XmlEnricherMonitorThread.startXmlEnricherServices(XmlEnricherMonitorService.java:462)
 at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.xmlenricher.XmlEnricherMonitorService$XmlEnricherMonitorThread.run(XmlEnricherMonitorService.java:451)

0 Likes
johnc3 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Difficult to tell.

If you upgraded to 10.33 and jumped through multiple UCMDB versions, you could have some inconsistencies on configuration level.
Does it create a dump file?

The JVM dies also? Do you have an orphan process?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Contributor.. ciaranobrien1 Contributor..
Contributor..

Jump to solution

Did you perform an upgrade recently?  CUP upgrade? If so the xmlenricher port on the probe could be have a conflict. I changed mine from 34545 to 34546 and the enricher started.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi 

I am also facng the same problem. recently i upgraded from cp25 to cp26. And on one of the probe XML Enricher service is not getting started.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

How you chnaged the port number i mean from which file?

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Unfortunately I have had no success resolving the issue.  I did try to change the port number from the dataflowprobe properties file.  There is an xmlenricher section with port configuration.  Changing the port did not resolve the issue for me.  I'm thinking I will have to reinstall.

Bob

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Try to go to this location C:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\bin\xmlenricher. There is one wrapper file try to chnage the value over there for me it works.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.