Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

'Zulu Platform x64 Architecture'

UCMDB 10.32 

CP 26

HI,

On one of the probe machine i am observing that 3 to 4 'Zulu Platform x64 Architecture' consuming aroung 70% of the memory and the postgresql log on that probe is like 2 to 3 gb after 4 -5 days. Is this usual because i can't see this service on any other probe machine. Also if i am running the ICMP job also for 3 ips it is executing it. it is in pending state from last 2 hours. I am not able to figure out why this happening.

0 Likes
32 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: 'Zulu Platform x64 Architecture'

Those are remote processes started by the discovery flow. It's normal.

You may have insufficient memory on that probe for all the tasks that you want to perform.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

We have given 16 GB of memory to that particular probe already. How much i need to give ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

If you run too many discovery jobs which will run in remote processes then you will have to calculate the consumption.
I did last week a vCenter topology discovery and it needed almost 9GB in order to run and not fail.

If you schedule your jobs then the occurrence of concurrent remote processes will be low or not happening.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I stopped every job and restart  the services of the probe but still the job execution is not happening. Evrything is in pending state just a simple Range by ICMP is not executing. It is pending state for all the probes not for any single one it is providing the status completed or error.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

That's why we have job scheduling. Starting all jobs at once will choke the probe.

What you observe now it's expected.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Bogdan

i haven't started any job. the jobs that i stopped are from the management zone only and only run the ranges by icmp for 3 ips only.  And now when i checking the status of probe in the dataflow probe it is discconected from the server. Could you please suggest where i can look for this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

always start from WrapperProbeGW.log

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Also in the error log i am frequently getting the error as ERROR  [Request processor timer] (RequestProcessor.java:1011) - java.lang.RuntimeException: Coding error. The thread-local context is not initialized.

What does this mean?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

We're still working on that.
It's a failure on JAVA level from our code.

There are some initial patches on Support side.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

In the log file i am getting this error:

jvm 1 | <2018-05-10 12:51:14,266> 556398 [WARN ] [ProbeGW Task Results Sender] (TaskResultsSenderThread.java:232) - Can't sending results to server, results Id already exists in server, will retry later

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Could be that 2 discovery jobs that retrieved the same CI run in the same small period of time.

We're also waiting for a feedback from RnD for the same problem on 10.33 CUP1.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.