Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

adding new UCMDB n making it the CMS into existing bsm environment

hi,

I'm planning to add in a ucmdb **bleep** universal discovery into an existing environment. and making this ucmdb the main CMS. I do like to know what could the impact be on to my existing system and will there be chances of duplicate or missing ci??

my current environment had bsm/omi 9.24 which is integrated with nnmi omw sis with topology enable (ci push to bsm/tram) n bsm is integrated with sm.for ticketing

I do like to ask with the new ucmdb n setting it as CMS what kind of impact will it have on my environment. ??

regards
soong

Regards
Soong
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: adding new UCMDB n making it the CMS into existing bsm environment

Hello,

Having an UCMDB-BSM synchronization it will allows you to populate data from RTSM to the CMS. Such data can include BusinessElements, CI collections, parties, locations, and any infrastructure element connected to them, as well as all the links between them.

The CMS will be central CMDB server and will be the authority for configuration management in the UCMDB-BSM Platform synchronization. The CMS will use the population flow to retrieve data from other UCMDBs/BSM. CIs are reconciled with the data in the CMS.

In addition, the CMS will have a global ID generator. A global ID is a unique CI ID that identifies that CI across the entire solution. While populating, the global ID (which is an attribute in the CMS for each CI received) is pushed back to other UCMDBs/BSM. The push-back process specifies whether to push back the global IDs after CIs are populated into the server.

Regards,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: adding new UCMDB n making it the CMS into existing bsm environment

Hi Ana,

Thanks for the information,

I do like to check, after UCMDB populating from BSM, will there be a issues like duplicate CIs or othre issues , when the UCMDB integration job push the CIs into the BSM and thus impacting on SM when the alert event in omi are forwarded to SM for ticketing?

Regards

Soongwc

Regards
Soong
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.