Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

callhome event

Hi,

working on UD 10.10 cup2 cp13 on windows2008 

UD agent has been installed manually on unix and windows servers with callhome option configured with porbe ip. In DC there are no firewalls exist. We have all ports open.

But everytime, I received callhome event CIS  in Infrastructure job inspite of disocvery /scanning done. What does it mean and I want to know ,after receiving callhome event ,does ucmdb start the scanning for those perticular servers???

Please help me to understand the how it works at backend???

withr regards,

Nick

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: callhome event

Hi Nick,

When the Call Home event CI is received by the Call Home processing job, this job tries to find the Inventory by Scanner job running on the probe and wake it up, so the scanning will only be started if the probe has not managed to connect to the device yet and in other cases it will simply restart the scanning process from the step at which the scanning workflow is at (usually the download scan step). If the scanning has already finished and the workflow is no longer active, Call home will do nothing.So in this case if servers have been already scanned, nothing will happen.

Kind regards,

Irina

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

But scanning takes place weekly and I receives the callhme event everyday. So in this case also it consider scanning which took place on weekend  and dont initiate the scanning.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Nick

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Nick,

If the scanning workflow for the current scanning cycle has finished, then subsequent callhome events will do nothing.

Kind regards,

Irina 

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.