Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

can not login to UCMDB

Jump to solution

Hello Dears, 

i have a problem in UCMDB , 201905 runs on windows and connect to SQL Server 

i tried to enable the HTTP port , then the UCMDB did not start , 

then disabled it again , but still the did not start , i even tried to re install the UCMDB and connect to the current DB with no luck 

the error.log says message as bellow repeated alot  . i am sure that there is no problem in the Database (database name is ucmdb1)

2020-06-28 23:43:51,264 WARN [WrapperSimpleAppMain] (:) - sqlserver_ucmdb1: JOIN(sqlserver_ucmdb1) sent to sqlserver_ucmdb1 timed out (after 3000 ms), on try 9

then it says 

rapperSimpleAppMain] (:) - sqlserver_ucmdb1: too many JOIN attempts (10): becoming singleton

any ideas ?

Thanks and Best Regards
------------------------------
Amr Salah
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Re: can not login to UCMDB

Jump to solution

thanks dear, 

i followed your idea regarding the HA , in fact i don't know how it is activated although it is only one server 

but i disabled HA any way, as in doc KM02128862 , then the error goes out 

then i found it still did not work , after some search i found i need to reset the password of UIsysadmin as explained here https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Universal_CMDB:2019.05/LogTs

then it works 

Thanks and Best Regards
Amr Salah

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello,

Below warning messages are related to the HA mechanism. In some deployments it can add a slowness to the startup. If you have indeed errors during the startup clear error messages are logged in dal,startup and error logs. For such scenario different error messages are logged.

However the jgroups messages and slowness problem should be solved in the 2020 CMS release. For the previous versions you can apply the following workaround:

1. Stop ucmdb and truncate ha_writer and jgroupsping tables
  2. I suspect a server interface issue(servers may have multiple interfaces). SO as stated here https://sourceforge.net/p/javagroups/mailman/message/33956063/
    1. Add - wrapper.java.additional.<free number>=-Djgroups.bind_addr=...  and specify an IP(to wrapper.conf file)
  3. If the issue re-occurs provide a zip with  wrapper, dal and startup log and submit a support ticket

In case the ucmdb setup does not use 2 UCMDB server the HA mechanism can be disabled.

Hope it helps.

Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

thanks dear, 

i followed your idea regarding the HA , in fact i don't know how it is activated although it is only one server 

but i disabled HA any way, as in doc KM02128862 , then the error goes out 

then i found it still did not work , after some search i found i need to reset the password of UIsysadmin as explained here https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Universal_CMDB:2019.05/LogTs

then it works 

Thanks and Best Regards
Amr Salah

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
By default HA is enabled.
Unfortunately it's enabled even with the embedded Postgresql DB which runs only on localhost so it will be never accessible by a second UCMDB server.
Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
EMEA CMS Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.