Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

can ucmdb support a jvm max size of 10 gig

I am running ucmdb 10.01 cup8.  The app server is configured with 10 gig memory

Currently have jxm starting at 2 gig, inccrementing at 1 gig chunks to a max size of 8 gig.

If I up my memory from 10 to 12 gig does it make sense to increase the jvm max size from 8 to 10 gig?

I guess I am asking is a limit to the max jvm size ucmdb can take advantage.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: can ucmdb support a jvm max size of 10 gig

Hello kedemk,

I see you want to utilize the RAM in order to achieve the best performance.

I would like to have more details how you configure the distribution of memory in your environment. Please, navigate to<Discovery probe install root directory>/bin directory and open up WrapperEnv.conf file. Locate the following rows.

set.GATEWAY_MIN_MEM=
set.GATEWAY_MAX_MEM=

set.MANAGER_MIN_MEM=
set.MANAGER_MAX_MEM=

The above parameters are very important.

Some additional data&colon; Starting from version 10.0 Data Flow Probe is running with JRE 64-bit. You know the max memory usage by 64bit is 16 EB and that is a really huge figure. The limitation there comes by OS. They limit
us to use the maximum amount of ram we may use. Most 64 bit OS allow fit to 192GB RAM but I thing that 8GB is absolutely fair.

I have an idea for you. Please have a look in probeMgr-performance.log and probeGw-performance.log files in
\DataFlowProbe\runtime\log\ and there check for:
Memory info---
Heap size max:
Heap size used:
Heap size free:
Star to monitor those output results and you may find out what the best memory settings are best for your.

Best Regards,
Nikola

------------------------
Nikola Todorov
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

My question more about the ucmdb application serve and not the probe. Below are hte probe settings you requested.

########################
# Environment Gateway vars
########################
set.GATEWAY_MIN_MEM=1024
set.GATEWAY_MAX_MEM=2048
set.IP_GATEWAY_ADDRESS=xxxx
set.IP_GATEWAY_PORT=8083

########################
# Environment Manager vars
########################
set.MANAGER_MIN_MEM=1024
set.MANAGER_MAX_MEM=2048
set.IP_MANAGER_ADDRESS=xxx
set.IP_MANAGER_PORT=8082
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello,

As per UCMDB Deployment guide, when it comes to UCMDB Application server you may go up to 8GB.

It also depends on how many CIs+Links you may have, we have seen scenario where it can go to up to 16GB and doesnt cause issues.

Are you encountering any issues?

Regards,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

currently we have 4.6 million 2.2 million cis, and 2.4 links

we would like go from 8 to 10 gig jvm but not sure if this is supported

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello,

I apologize for my late response.

It should be ok. As long as there is enough physical memory [disk space also for paging file] , you can go higher. As stated previosly, we have seen Customer going higher than that (up to 16GB)

Regards,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.